Felony Attorney in Indianapolis
Serving Marion County & the Surrounding Areas Since 2018
In Indiana, felonies are the most serious offenses you can commit. They involve jail or prison sentences exceeding one year along with fines and other punishments based on the nature of the crime. A conviction will result in a felony on your criminal record which can result in damage to your reputation and problems seeking employment, housing, educational aid, and more in the future.
At Frangos Legal, we understand what is required when the stakes are high in a serious felony case. Our experienced Indianapolis felony defense attorney can challenge the prosecution on various aspects of your case through intensive investigation, analysis, and the ability to command in the courtroom. We take the time to personally get to know our clients to build the most effective defense possible in fighting charges. As a seasoned trial lawyer, David C. Frangos knows how to get the most favorable outcomes in court.
Facing felony charges? Get your case reviewed free of charge by calling us at (317) 245-3707 today.
What are Felonies in Indiana?
When it comes to misdemeanors and felonies, felony offenses are considered the more serious between the two. There are six classes of felonies in Indiana: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5, and Level 6 felonies—plus, murder is an unclassified felony, punishable by death or between 45 and 65 years in prison.
The following is a breakdown of the six types of felonies in the state:
- Level 1 felonies: Punishable by 20 to 40 years in prison with fines up to $10,000. Examples include aggravated rape and attempted murder.
- Level 2 felonies: Punishable by 10 to 30 years in prison with fines up to $10,000. Voluntary manslaughter is an example.
- Level 3 felonies: Punishable by three to 16 years in prison and fines up to a maximum of $10,000. Examples include aggravated battery and rape.
- Level 4 felonies: Punishable by two to 12 years imprisonment with fines up to $10,000. Arson is an example.
- Level 5 felonies: Punishable by one to six years imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines. Examples include involuntary manslaughter and burglary.
- Level 6 felonies: The least serious—as in vehicle theft, fraud, and dealing in a controlled substance, for example—punishable six months to two and a half years of incarceration and a fine of up to $10,000.
Enhanced penalties can apply for repeat felony offenders adding additional prison time based on the Level of felony for which you were convicted and the number of prior felony convictions you have on your record. Due to the severe penalties associated with felonies, it is imperative to hire a skilled felony defense lawyer.
Get an Aggressive Defense
Ensure that your legal rights are protected and that you hire a team that will fight for you with fierce dedication and high-quality legal skills. According to our current and past clients, we are considered an outstanding felony defense team that has been built on effective and aggressive legal representation.
Clients enjoy working with Frangos Legal because we:
- Are committed to providing no-cost legal service to those in need
- Are hardworking, energetic, and always ready to help
- Deliver personalized attention to every case
- Get real results
- Experience defending those accused of minor to serious crimes
- Offer free consultations and payment plans to accommodate all budgets
Talk to an Indianapolis felony defense lawyer about your case by getting in touch with us online or at (317) 245-3707 today.
Over thirty years of professional experience in related fields.
Hard-working, energetic, and always ready to help.
Committed to providing no cost legal service to the community.
Treats every client and every case with professionalism.