It is important to take the charges seriously and seek legal counsel immediately. Do not try to handle the situation on your own, as it can be complex, and you may not fully understand the legal implications.
Here are some things you should do:
- Contact a criminal defense lawyer at Frangos Legal LLC: An experienced lawyer will be able to advise you on the best course of action and represent you in court.
- Cooperate with the authorities: It is important to cooperate with the police and prosecutors during the investigation and legal proceedings.
- Gather evidence: If you have any evidence that can help your case, such as receipts, it is important to provide it to your lawyer.
- Keep a low profile: Avoid discussing the case with anyone except your lawyer.
Here are some things you should not do:
- Do not try to handle the case on your own: Without legal experience, you may not fully understand the legal implications of your actions and may make mistakes that could harm your case.
- Do not destroy or hide evidence: This could be seen as obstructing justice and could result in additional charges.
- Do not lie or make false statements: This could also result in additional charges and could harm your credibility in court.
- Do not ignore the charges: It is important to take the charges seriously and address them promptly. Ignoring the charges could result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.
- Do not provide a statement to any authority without first consulting with an attorney.
If you have been charged with a crime in Indiana, you should contact an experienced defense attorney at Frangos Legal LLC to discuss options to defend against the charge. Schedule a consultation and case review by emailing us at [email protected], by telephone at 317-643-1345, or by booking online.